Worship is the act of bowing down or lowering oneself to a deity (Ps. 95:6), if there is no bowing down there is no worship. By bowing down, I mean that point at which we realize that we are nothing without the Lord. That bowing down of our lives, wills, emotions, possessions, etc. is the prelude to true worship. Bowing signifies humility, surrender, reverence etc. SO, THE BIG QUESTION THEN IS, “HOW DO I GET TO THE PLACE WHERE BOWING DOWN BECOMES EASY FOR ME.”
There are many secrets in the kingdom, there is the secret of prayer, secret of fasting, secret of giving, etc. Matt. 6:4, 6, 18 (4, give alms in secret, 6, pray in secret, 18, fast in secret, open rewards for all of them)
- A secret however only stops being a secret when it is revealed. When the holder of the secret decides to give away the secret.
- The secrets of the kingdom, all of them are with the Lord Col. 2:3 In whom are hid all he treasures of wisdom and knowledge, Isa. 45:3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places (it is His to give away and He is willing to do so.)
- God in the Person of the Holy Spirit is the Custodian or Keeper of all Secrets of the Kingdom.
Secret no. 1: KNOWING GOD, Daniel 11:32
From that day I began my journey of getting to know the Lord. My first secret therefore is knowing God.
You may list many secrets but I believe that in these two, are wrapped up any other secret we could name. 1. Knowing God, ie. Building an intimate relationship with Him. And 2. Ministering to Him, ie. Waiting on Him, to hear what He wants and needs and to do what He says. Being obedient to Him. Standing in his presence.
Dan. 11:32 They that know their God will be strong and do exploits. YOU CAN ONLY KNOW GOD AS YOU GROW IN KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WORD and AS YOU KNOW HIS WORD AND DESIRE HIS PRESENCE. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF YOUR BIBLE!! MANY OF US TODAY ARE WEAK AS BELIEVERS BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW GOD’S WORD!!
- The living word wants and desires to meet us in the written word.
Jn. 4:22 says “Ye Samaritans worship what you do not know. We worship what we know for salvation is of the Jews. Meaning, they had seen God’s saving power, His miracles, His greatness etc. Their salvation experience enabled them to worship better. Until you see God for who He is you cannot worship Him.
- 17:3 Eternal life or salvation is knowing God and knowing Jesus. Knowing God and being known by Him Amp. Ver. Now this is eternal life, that they will know You, the only true supreme and sovereign God, and in the same manner know Jesus as the Christ whom You have sent.
Eternal life itself depends on knowing God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knowledge of God will take away falsehood from your worship. I give you an example. I was singing :As the deer panteth” on a certain day and God told me to stop because I wasn’t being honest. From that day I discovered what God meant when he said worship in spirit and in truth. If your words of worship are not being sang out of your spirit and in truth, you are wasting your time.
For example lets look at the passage on the armour of God in Eph. 6. Do we know that when we put on the full armour, we are actually putting on Christ????
- Helmet of salvation, Jesus Christ is our salvation .(The Lord is my strength and my song, He has become my salvation) Ex. 15:2, Isa. 12:2
- Breastplate of righteousness, I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus . Rom. 10:4. 2Cor. 5:21 (My righteousness, Jehovah my Lord)
- Belt of truth, He is the way the truth and the life. John 14:6
- Shield of faith, He is the author and finisher of our faith (My faith looks up to thee, thou Lamb of calvary! ) Heb. 12:2
- Gospel shoes, Christ is our peace Eph. 2:14 (He is my peace who has broken down every wall)
- Sword of the spirit, Christ is the living word, John 1:1 Jesus, Jesus, that’s what we call you, many things you were on earth, a holy King a carpenter, you are the living WORD!
THIS IS THE SECRET! KNOW JESUS!
We shall return next week and dive deeper into this subject, until then share this material/lessons with someone.
God Bless You